Saturday, March 16, 2013

Hey - leave the Muslims alone!


Just recently an anonymous commentor accused me of being a racist.
Apart from inadvertently omitting to publish his previous comment, I can't think of anything I had done to upset him personally, so I can only assume he thought me such for daring to run a blog that criticises i.the charlatans whose claims to scientific miracles in the Qur'an are persuading the vulnerable to convert, and ii. some of the more disturbing (as I see it) aspects of Islamic belief (such as exhortations to physically chastise - or worse - those who have sex with someone of the same gender or those who commit adultery or those who leave Islam or those who criticise the Islamic state or wives who repeatedly disobey their husbands...)

Another recent commentor asked why I don't spend time examining the contradictions in the Bible and went on to accuse me of pretending to be an atheist while all the while being a secret Christian...

So let me clarify.

I shall say this only once.

1. I think all religions are nonsense.
2. I shall fight for the right to be able to say as much as long as I have breath.
3. I shall fight for your right to believe in whatever nonsense you wish as long as you don't force me to share your delusions.
4. I shall express my support for any community that is persecuted for their beliefs or way of life whether they be Muslim, gay, Jew, lesbian, Christian, trans, Morris dancers, Reading FC supporters...
5. I focus on Islam and not other religions only because a close friend converted and started to believe that i. mankind came from Adam and Eve and the Evolution of species is a lie ii. that 9-11 and 7-7 were inside jobs iii. that there are scientific miracles in the Qur'an, and finally that iv. all his mates whom he had previously been happy to spend time with in the pub were going to go to hell to be roasted for an eternity by his "merciful" god.

That's the reason for this blog. If you think that makes me a racist then I can't do anything for you.
If you want to discuss any of the above in a calm and reasonable way I'd be delighted to have a chat.

7 comments:

  1. As with the French Resistance you only need say it only once.

    Azim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allo Allo...
    Nice one Mr Spinoza. Those who value freedom above dogma support you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. every one has the right of his own opinion ...
    but i will definately give you the suggestion of reading english translation of Holy Quran ..
    Muhammad Yahya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Muhammad.
      I've read the Qur'an in various translations in both English and French (If I hadn't read it I wouldn't really be in a position to pass comment, would I?)

      Delete
  4. please contact dr. Zakir naik.

    peacetvpage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is this the same Zakir Naik you are talking about?
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xatECtUaJDk

      You could learn more from a 5 year old than you will from Zakir Naik

      Delete
  5. That would be the same Zakir Naik who advocates the death penalty for apostates, who said he "supports" bin Laden in his attempts to "terrorise the great terrorist, America" and who believes that Western women are partly to blame when they get raped because they wear revealing clothes....would it?
    The same Zakir Naik who lies about the miracles contained in the Qur'an to convince his uneducated audience that what they believe in is true.
    I assume your comment was ironic...

    ReplyDelete